Transfer of Residence Titles

Transfer of Residence Titles

Our service

Transfer of Residence Titles

Information on the transfer of a valid residence title in the case of a newly issued national passport.

Competent Authority

Kleyerstraße 86
60326 Frankfurt am Main
Eingang: Rebstöcker Straße 4

***NEU*** Website der Ausländerbehörde

All topics at a glance

Service description

What is a transfer?

You have a valid residence title/settlement permit and have been issued a new passport?
Then you should have your residence title reissued (transferred). This is because your current residence title still refers to your old passport.

If you have received a new passport from your consulate and would like to have your still valid residence title transferred to this new passport, you can make an appointment online at the Foreigners' Registration Office ("Ausländerbehörde") Frankfurt am Main, Rebstöcker Straße 4, 60326 Frankfurt am Main.

For an online reservation, please use the following link:

Online appointment management Foreigners' Registration OfficeExternal Link

We will not process an appointment request by e-mail. Please only use the online appointment system.


At your visit, the electronic residence card will be ordered. The electronic residence card is delivered by the Federal Printing Office ("Bundesdruckerei"). The electronic title will be sent to your address as soon as it has arrived.
There is therefore no need to collect it on site.

You will receive a PIN letter from the Federal Printing Office in advance. In this PIN letter, you will automatically be requested to contact the Foreigners' Registration Office in order to collect your residence title. This is an automated letter. The Foreigners' Registration Office Frankfurt am Main has decided to send you the residence title by post, so there is no need to make an appointment for this purpose.

Required documents

The following documents are required for the transfer of the residence title

  • Old and new national passport
  • 1 biometric photo

You must appear in person.

If the passport expires (after 6 months), proof of residence in Germany is required (e.g. salary slips, medical certificates, attendance certificates).


An administrative fee of € 67.00 is charged for the transfer of a residence title.

What else should I know

If you want to travel abroad in the meantime, please take your old passport, your residence permit and the new passport with you.