The Lord Mayor ("Oberbürgermeister") is the head of the Municipal Administration ("Magistrat") and is a full-time member of this body.
Unlike all other members of the Municipal Administration, he is directly elected by the citizens of the city – with a term of office lasting six years.
TASKS AND DUTIES
The duties of the Lord Mayor include among others:
- preparing Municipal Administration resolutions,
- chairing Municipal Administration meetings,
- externally representing the Municipal Administration,
- distributing responsibilities among the departments,
- and organizing the City Administration.
The Lord Mayor is the supervisor for all city employees.
LORD MAYOR PETER FELDMANN
Peter Feldmann was elected Lord Mayor of Frankfurt in the Mayor's run-off election on 25 March 2012. Since 1 July 2012, Peter Feldmann (SPD) has been Lord Mayor of the City of Frankfurt am Main.
You can reach Mr Feldmann through the Residents' OfficeInternal Link ("Bürgerbüro").
More information about the work of the Lord Mayor can also be found here: