Like hardly any other institution, the Registry Office ("Standesamt") accompanies the citizens – from birth to death. It not only holds the records of births, adoptions, marriages and deaths, it is also responsible for marriages and the order of certificates and documents for a wide variety of purposes.
The separate Division at Rottweiler Straße 18 is your point of contact if you have any questions about citizenship affairs, naturalisations and name changes under public law.
The Registry Office Frankfurt am Main has two Registry Office Districts ("Standesamtsbezirke").
The Registry Office District Central ("Standesamtsbezirk Mitte") is your responsible Registry Office if you live in one of these districts of the city:
- city centre
- southern district
- northern district
- eastern district
The Registry Office District Höchst ("Standesamtsbezirk Höchst") is your point of contact if you live in one of the western districts of the city, such as:
Services and tasks
- Certification of births, marriages and deaths
- Civil Registry: register of births, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths
- Recognition of foreign decisions in civil status matters
- Issuing of certificates of no impediment to marriage
- Registration and certification of declarations of paternity, maternity and surname
- Post-certification of foreign civil status cases
- Issuing of civil status certificates
- Burial or cremation permissions
- Issuing of authority for moving a corpse
- Citizenship matters, naturalisations and name changes under public law