Premiere: The “Klimagourmet” (Climate Gourmet) Exhibition
From 16 September, visitors can explore the interactive exhibition on climate-friendly enjoyment in the Rödelheim district library. The exhibition is available in German and English – and as a digital twin online.
From Thursday, 16 September, the Municipal Energy Agency (“Energiereferat”) of the City of Frankfurt am Main will present the updated Klimagourmet exhibition in the Rödelheim district library, Radilostraße 17-19.
The interactive travelling exhibition, which has received several UNESCO awards, provides food for thought and suggestions for a climate-friendly diet. All eleven stations have been revised, renewed and partly expanded.
A new feature, for example, is that the Klimagourmet exhibition is now bilingual, so that interested visitors are guided through the interactive stations either in German or in English. The Municipal Energy Agency has also developed a digital twin of the travelling exhibition so that you can easily access the content online at Interactive ExhibitionExternal Link.
EXHIBITION OPENS AS PART OF THE KLIMAGOURMET FESTIVAL
The new Klimagourmet exhibition will open on 16 September as part of this year's Klimagourmet FestivalExternal Link and can be visited during the regular opening hours of the Rödelheim district library:
Tuesday 1-7 pm,
Wednesday and Friday 1-6 pm
Thursday 1-4 pm
Saturday 11 am - 2pm
It is currently only possible to access the library if
you have proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, of a full COVID-19
vaccination, or of recovery from an infection. This applies to visitors
over the age of six. You are obliged to wear a medical mask for the entire
duration of your visit.
The Rödelheim district library, in cooperation with the Municipal Energy Agency, invites you to guided tours of the exhibition on Friday, 17 September, and Friday, 24 September, both at 5 pm. During these guided tours, an expert from the Frankfurt Municipal Energy Agency will introduce you to the exciting interrelationships in greater depth and will answer all of your questions. You can register via Journal-Stadtevents at: https://frankfurter-stadtevents.de/Datum/17-September-2021/KLIMAGOURMET-21_20017483/External Link
The participation fee is 5 Euros.
The stations of the Klimagourmet exhibition Frankfurt at a glance
The Klimagourmet Festival 2.1 presents the new exhibition for the first time. The exhibition covers topics such as the greenhouse effect and animal husbandry, transport and land grabbing, deforestation of the rainforest, and demonstrates the actual CO2 footprint of many foods.
The stations (see list below) convey the content with interactive exhibits, mechanisms, weights, figures, and pictures rather than long texts and complicated diagrams.
1.1 The greenhouse effect
1.2 What is a carbon footprint?
1.3 How much CO2 do we cause?
1.4. Climate protection goals of the City of Frankfurt am Main
2. “Klimaschnäppchen” (comparison of food and its effect on the climate)
3. "Reisefieber" (imported food and its impact on the climate)
4. "Platz da!" (What does your steak have to do with climate protection)
5. “Schwein gehabt” (Comparison of vegetable and animal protein sources)
6. "Rindvieh" (The production of beef, milk, cheese and butter produces large amounts of greenhouse gases)
7. "Aufgetischt" (How much CO2 do you save by eating less meat?)
8. Under construction (Organic seals and what they mean)
9. "Unverpackt" (Which tomato sauce has the smallest carbon footprint?)
10. "Deckel drauf" (The type of stove, the energy source and the preparation itself all affect the carbon footprint of a dish when cooked).
11. "Verschwendet" (A total of 12 million metric tons of food ends up in the rubbish in Germany every year).