Fairground feeling at "Summer in the City"
Flashing lights, children taking a spin on the carousel and the smell of roasted almonds in the air – this hasn't happened for what feels like an eternity. Now the city and the Showmen's Association (“Schaustellerverband”) are daring to return to a little bit of normalcy. "Summer in the City" brings a fairground feeling to the city centre.
Since Friday, 9 July, young and old can enjoy the mini fair spread across six squares in the city centre. On 16 July, another square will be added, namely the Walther-von-Cronberg-Platz.
What visitors can expect at "Summer in the City:
- Kaiserplatz: ice cream and almond stall
- Roßmarkt: large food stall, including bratwurst and kidney skewer
- Freßgass: wine stand with seating area around the fountain
- Liebfrauenberg: children's carousel
- Opernplatz: stalls (including Belgian fries, crêpes)
- Northern bank of the Main: children's carousel, almond stall, can knockdown
- Walther-von-Cronberg-Platz: trampoline (from 16 July, Fridays to Sundays)
The showmen will remain in the city until September. Whether and how they will continue after that depends, among other things, on other events planned for the summer in Frankfurt.