COVID-19: What do I need to know and do?
The Hessian state government has issued a new Corona Ordinance of the State of Hesse on protection against infection risks:
The previous 7-day incidence is replaced by two new nationwide criteria:
- Hospitalisation incidence (number of persons newly admitted to hospital within 7 days due to corona)
- Intensive care beds occupancy (intensive care beds occupied with COVID-19 patients in Hesse)
If the following thresholds are exceeded, additional protective measures will be taken:
- Stage 1: Hospitalisation incidence > 8 or intensive care beds > 200 (further access restrictions to events etc. or PCR test requirements)
- Stage 2: Hospitalisation incidence > 15 or intensive care beds > 400 (further access restrictions to events etc., especially 2G rule)
The Robert Koch Institute provides an overview of the current COVID-19 trends in Germany and Hesse.External Link
The Hessian state government provides an overview of the uniform state-wide regulations (German only):
For the latest information on dealing with COVID-19 in Hesse, please visit the website of the Hessian state government External Link(German only).
The English version is for information only. For a binding version, please refer to the German text.
Important telephone numbers
- The non-emergency medical on-call service for Germany is: 116 117
- The state of Hesse has set up a hotline for questions about the coronavirus at 0800-555 4666. Questions on health and quarantine are answered on Mondays from 8 am to 8 pm and Tuesdays to Fridays from 9 am to 3 pm. For further questions, concerns and information about the coronavirus the hotline is available Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm and Friday from 8 am to 3 pm.
- If you have any questions regarding the Corona-Warn-App or if you receive "Rot-Meldungen" (alerts), please contact either your general practitioner or the local health authority (Gesundheitsamt Frankfurt) by calling 069-212 77400.